Sunday, October 12, 2008

STATE FAIR IN COLUMBIA!!!

After leaving Jake's house, my friend, Angie & her son, Dillon, Brandon & I went to the fair.



Their friend, Dwayne, was also there with his family. The 3 had a great time riding rides.



There were a lot of things to do and see. Prize winning fruits & vegetables.





Delicious fair food!!!



These sea lions had the best personality. They played to the crowds.



Look at them posing.



There were prize winning animals galore!!!









There were rows and rows of chickens & roosters.

These colorful pheasants were my favorite and they didn't smell as much as the others.







There were elephant & camel rides.



I didn't know I was standing where the elephant was coming drop off the riders.



We were really close. Too close for Angie.

Angie was scared of the elephants, so I made her face her fears and take a picture standing near it.



Every turn, more & more animals. Angie & I got lost for awhile. We ended up where contestants enter with their animals and then a dead end. We eventually got out.







Next we hit the sky line. We wanted to see what the fair had to offer before walking around. Look at our view.









Yes, the background, home to the "CAROLINA GAMECOCKS"!!!



Unknown to us at the time, but Jordan Pruitt was singing on stage in background. She is a singer from the Disney Channel. Later that night, Mitchell Musso from Hannah Montana took the stage. My girls were upset they didn't get to go.





Angie & I rode this ride. Reliving our youth at the Pavillion in Myrtle Beach. All that was missing was "Pour some sugar on me" being played over the loud speakers.





I'm not going to lie, I was glad to get off. My hands were sweating.



Angie & I rode the "Tilt a Whirl" with Dwayne's younger sister, April.





Brandon, Dillon, Dwayne, Glennie, April & Shawn get ready to ride the "FIREBALL".





Brandon is the 1st car on the left. He waves to me several times.



We had a great time at the fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know shawn he goes to my school LOVE,MALLA